Welcome to Coaching at the Royal Commonwealth Pool
Sports Classes at the Royal Commonwealth Pool
Practice twists and turns with trampolines and harnesses in the Dry Dive area before taking to the big boards. We follow the National Diving Award Scheme with classes for all levels.
Developing skills for life in strength, coordination,self confidence and body awareness. Gymnastics General teaches the basics of floor and vaulting skills from 5 years upwards before progressing to a higher class.
Our Gym Nippers classes help to develop motor skills, balance and agility. Progress within these classes will be monitored against class competencies and you can keep track by signing up to our portal.
From toddlers to older adults, we aim to improve confidence in and out of the water, with an emphasis on fun and progression. Our swim teachers are fully accredited and follow Scottish Swimming Learn to Swim Programme.
Reach your targets quicker with our expert 1-2-1 lessons!
Hone your skills in the water with our 1-2-1 swim and dive lessons.
Whether you are looking to build confidence in the pool or perfect your technique our enthusiastic team will help guide, support and encourage you to achieve your goals - fast. Our lessons are open to all ages and abilities, although the swim 1-2-1 session times are more suitable for adults.
Prices are £20 for a 25 minute session or £40 for 50 minutes. Bookings can be made up to a week in advance (or 8 days in advance if you have a membership card). Book via our App, or click here to book online.
How to Book a Coaching Class for the first time
Visit our coaching class timetable where you can check dates and times of classes, availability and request to book a space.
- Check which class would be right for you or your child from the links below.
- Check when your class will is on and whether it has spaces using the 'Class timetable and availability' button below.
- If there are spaces, you can complete a 'Booking Request Form'.
- Your space is not guaranteed at this stage. We will check and get back to you to confirm we have held a space and what the next steps are. Your space is guaranteed once we have your Direct Debit instruction and we have emailed confirmation to you. Normally we collect Direct Debits on or around the 1st of each month. The monthly amount is calculated and collected over 12 months.
- If there are no spaces in your choice of class, you can complete a 'Note of Interest Form'. We can't put you on a specific waiting list for a particular class but we'll get back in touch if a space becomes available in a suitable class. Please be aware that we will not get in touch unless a space becomes available - this can be the next day or up to 3 months depending on demand.
Please bear with us we may take longer than usual to get back to you at this time.
Manage Coaching Courses Online
For customers already in our coaching programme, you can access your online coaching home portal anytime anywhere for;
- Updates on your child's progress
- Online booking for the next class
Follow this link for more information on how to set up your Coaching Home Portal account.
Our normal term dates
Our normal coaching term dates are below (subject to Scottish Government guidelines):
- Monday 15th August to Wednesday 21st December 2022
- Thursday 5th January to Sunday 2nd July 2023