This is where we will be posting any updates related to COVID-19 and our venues.
Update on 20/04/2021
We welcome the First Minister's most recent announcement and the confirmation of the easing of restrictions. For Edinburgh Leisure this currently means:
- Leisure centres will open for individual exercise on the 26th of April, including gyms, swimming pools, indoor court hire, racquet sports and children's coaching. We are contacting customers directly with specific venue and activity restart information.
- Our golf courses remain open (weather permitting). Four-balls are now permitted and from 16th April, you have been able to travel anywhere in Scotland for the purpose of recreation or exercise, providing you do not stay away from your local council overnight.
- Our outdoor tennis courts remain open (weather permitting). You can read the latest guidelines from Tennis Scotland here.
- From the 5th of April, contact sports resumed for 12-17-year-olds.
From the 19th of April, community access to high school sports facilities restarted with access to outdoor pitches.
- Under 18s - All organised sports and activities are permitted, provided appropriate safety measures are followed.
- Adults - Up to 15 people can take part in outdoor non-contact sports, organised group exercise, personal training and coaching, provided appropriate measures are followed.
- We will continue live-streaming fitness classes, with membership and pay-as-you-go options available. Find out more here.
Please bear with us and continue to check our website for further updates and booking information. We are looking forward to welcoming our customers back.
You can read the Scottish Government's timetable for easing restrictions below.